Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thrift Store Treasures

Today I went shopping with my friends to local thrift stores. I have never been a thrift store person but Since I started teaching I have discovered it is a great way to find great buys for the classroom plus have a good time with great friends! My dear friend Cathy first introduced me to thriftines...thanks Cathy! Anyway...I found two magazine holders for my reading center, cool decorations for my bulletin board, and I am most excited about the large gold Christmas tree bulbs that I am going to use on my palm tree for coconuts...it's the little things in life that make me happy! I am so glad I am a primary school teacher because I really enjoy decorating and theme based learning! Oh and as you know I am doing a fish/ocean theme this year...I found a fish pocketbook that looks just like the Rainbow Fish. I am going to use it to hold my vocabulary cards and comprehension questions from the story. I also have a Rainbow Fish game that I will put in the pocketbook later and place in a center. All day long I was like a kid in a candy store! Lol...best of all, I got all this awesome stuff for under $20..wow...if you have never tried a thrift store for finding classroom treasure, please give it a try...you will love it...I will post pictures of all these wonderful treasures being used in my classroom in August.

1 comment:

  1. I love thrift store shopping! It is always such an adventure. Look forward to seeing your classroom finds! You are such an awesome teacher!!

    ReplyDelete